Gynecomastia in Connecticut with Dr. Wilfred Brown
A male breast reduction treats gynecomastia, or enlarged male breasts that are resistant to diet and exercise can cause both physical and social discomfort.
The goal of gynecomastia treatment is to reduce breast size in men who are embarrassed by overly large breasts. Gynecomastia surgery restores a normal male breast contour and corrects deformities of the breast, nipple or areola (the pigmented area surrounding the nipple).
When Should I Consider Gynecomastia Treatment?
• You are unhappy with the size or appearance of your breasts
• You are reluctant to remove your shirt in public, to swim, to participate in sports or to exercise at a gym
• You experience physical discomfort because of your breasts
• You want to improve your overall body proportions
• You experience psychological discomfort associated with large breasts
• You want to increase your social confidence
• You have first tried diet and exercise to reduce your breast size
• You are not significantly overweight
• You have good skin elasticity
Gynecomastia is usually not caused by any serious medical problems; in fact, its cause is rarely identified. However, because there are some medical problems that do cause gynecomastia, Dr. Brown will rule these out prior to treatment.
There are various surgical techniques for gynecomastia treatment, which include liposuction, excision (surgical removal of tissue) or a combination of both approaches.
Maintaining a stable weight will ensure that your improved chest contour will be long-lasting. Weight gain following this surgery may compromise results.