Breast Reduction in Connecticut with Dr. Wilfred Brown
A breast reduction, or reduction mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure that reduces the size of your breasts and reshapes them so that they are proportionate to the rest of your body and are no longer a source of physical discomfort. Overly large breasts can cause some women to have both health and emotional problems, including self-image issues, physical pain and discomfort. The weight of excessive breast tissue may impair your ability to lead an active life.
Breast reduction surgery has the dual benefits of improving your appearance while relieving the physical and emotional burden of overly large breasts. Breast reduction can be considered an option once breast development is complete.
What Does Breast Reduction Do?
A breast reduction removes the excess fat, glandular tissue and skin from breasts to correct:
- Breasts that are too large, heavy and pendulous
- Breasts that hang low and have stretched skin
- Nipples that rest below the breast crease when unsupported
- Enlarged areolae (the darker skin surrounding the nipple) caused by stretched skin
Reputation. Experience. Integrity
Dr. Wilfred Brown is dual-Board certified plastic surgeon with over thirty years of experience in general and plastic surgery. Dr. Brown combines his rigorous surgical training with his artistic capability to create beautifully natural results for his patients.
When Should I Consider Breast Reduction Surgery?
• Your breasts are too large for your body frame and create neck, back, or shoulder pain
• You have heavy breasts with nipples and areolae that point downward
• One breast is much larger than the other
• You are unhappy and self-conscious about the large appearance of your breasts
• You have backaches, neck aches, or skin irritation under your breasts
• You have difficulty breathing and notice grooves in your shoulders from your bra straps
• You have poor posture or numbness in parts of your breasts and upper chest from excessive breast weight
• You find it nearly impossible to buy clothes that fit your upper body
• You are unhappy with your appearance due to of your breast size
The technique used will be determined by your breast composition, the size and shape of your breasts, and amount of reduction desired. Another breast reduction option, which is appropriate only in a select group of women, is liposuction alone.